Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bathe Your Cat


When I first got Lacey, I swore I was going to be one of those amazing cat owners that gave their cat a bath and brushed their teeth. I attempted to bathe her after having her for about 2 weeks and she hated it, but they say that's to be expected. I tried again about 3 weeks after that, but once again she was not going for it. I had sort of given up, but my allergies have really been bothering me lately. Thursday night as I had coughing fits while watching Grey's Anatomy, I decided Lacey needed a bath and I would do it the next day. I ended up jumping out of bed and deciding to stop procrastinating. This time I wisely used the tub with about 4 inches of water in it and a cup to poor it on her (I had attempted using the sink previously since she was so small). I wouldn't say Lacey liked it, but I held her in there by the scruff of her neck and she tolerated it. She definitely enjoyed it when I scrubbed the shampoo into her fur and purred the whole time I held her in a towel afterwards to dry her off. So here's a picture of Lacey about half way through the drying process. I had brought my portable heater into the bathroom and she's basking in its warmth.

No comments: